Where do I vote?
You may find the precinct at which you should vote here.
Where can I find my information?
You can check your registration status and see your political districts and absentee ballot status at this site on the Secretary of State’s website.
When are absentee ballots due?
If you’ve applied for an absentee ballot and been approved, you may mail the ballot back, and it must be postmarked no later than Monday and received by the absentee election manager no later than noon on election day. Ballots also may be hand-delivered to the absentee election manager any time before 5 p.m. on election day. The absentee election managers in Jefferson County are the Circuit Clerk’s in the Birmingham and Bessemer Courthouse. For elsewhere, you may find your absentee election manager here.
What ID Must Voters Have at the Polls?
To cast a ballot at the polls, voters will need a photo ID. The following forms of ID are acceptable.
- Valid Driver’s License (not expired or has been expired less than 60 days)
- Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Digital Driver’s License
- Valid Non-driver ID
- Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Digital Non-driver ID
- Valid Alabama Photo Voter ID
- Valid State Issued ID (Alabama or any other state)
- Valid AL Department of Corrections Release- Temporary ID (Photo Required)
- Valid AL Movement/Booking Sheet from Prison/Jail System (Photo Required)
- Valid Pistol Permit (Photo Required)
- Valid Federal Issued ID
- Valid US Passport
- Valid Employee ID from Federal Government, State of Alabama, County Government, Municipality, Board, Authority, or other entity of this state
- Valid student or employee ID from a college or university in the State of Alabama (including postgraduate technical or professional schools)
- Valid Military ID
- Valid Tribal ID
Must I wear a mask to vote?
No. Gov. Kay Ivey has issued a statewide mask requirement that is in effect at least until the end of the month. However, Secretary of State John Merrill has said that no one will be denied their right to vote because they are not wearing a mask.